Easy three step skin care routine (beginners friendly)


Hello! This is a really easy skin care for those who do not have the time/money to use a lot of products. Anybody could use this skincare, but it's especially good for teenagers since they do not have to worry about wrinkles and what not. I personally use this regimen now, if I do not feel like using my 10+ step Korean skin care. I use to use different products when I was a teenager that cleared my skin, which I'll provide a link to it if I ever post it. I'll list my product recommendations for every skin type under each step. I tried all the product listed because my skin changed over the years, from very oily to combination to now, normal and dry with somewhat of an oily nose.



1.Face wash

Find a face wash targeted to your skin (oily, normal, dry, combination,sensitive). If you are not sure of what type of skin you have click here to read my post about it! Generally speaking, gels are more suited for oily skin.Words like milk or cream cleansers would be suited for dryer skin types. If you have sensitive skin look for words like HYPO-ALLERGENIC.


My recommendation: 


Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.
oily/combination 
INGREDIENTS: Myristic Acid,Stearic Acid,Triethanolamine,Lauric Acid,Palmitic Acid,Glycerine,Purified Water,Sodium Hydroxide,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate,Perfume,Hydrolyzed Egg Protein (Eggs White),Charcoal Powder,Triclosan,Titanium Dioxide,Tetrasodium EDTA(EDTA-4NA)
oily/oily+sensitive/combination+sensitive 
INGREDIENTS: Myristic Acid,Stearic Acid,Triethanolamine,Lauric Acid,Palmitic Acid,Glycerine,Purified Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Sodium Hydroxide,Disodium LaurylvSulfosuccinate,Perfume,Hydrolyzed Egg Protein (Eggs White),Kaolin (Yellow Clay),Triclosan,Titanium Dioxide,Tetrasodium EDTA(EDTA-4NA)
Normal/dry/dry+sensitive







Prices & places to purchase: 

  • Neutrogena wash around 27QR, at [carrefout, AlMeera, Monoprix, etc.]
  • Holika Holika egg soaps 49QR, at [Holika Holika stores.]


2.Toner

Toning is a step that a lot of people skip. but trust me it masks the biggest difference. My number one recommendation of all time is rose water. Anyone and everyone could use it (oily, normal, dry, combination). its very cheap and could be found at any grocery store. I personally like to put my toner in a spray bottle, to make it easier to use. though it is not necessary.

My recommendation:      ANY BRAND WOULD WORK 



Prices & places to purchase: 

  • 4-11QR (depending on the size) at [Carrefour, Almeera, Monoprix, really any grocery store specifically in the food aisle.]



3.Moisturiser

Some people have the misconception of thinking that only dry skin needs moisture and not oily skin. That is wrong, while I understand why some would avoid using moisturisers (it might clog pores, or cause breakouts), I do think its a crucial step for every skin type. You just need to find the right one for your skin. Oilier skin types better of using a light weight moisturiser, while dryer skins can use heavier ones. Aloe vera is a wonderful moisturiser for the skin, it's very soothing on the skin and it suites all skin types. Bepanthen is a classic, suitable for most, if not all skin types. 

My recommendation: 
All skin types

Prices & places to purchase: 

  • Aloe 39QR at Holika Holika.
  • Bepanthen 12.25QR at [Boots, Carrefour, Almeera, Monoprix, any grocery store or pharmacy.] (most likely it's in the Medicine section/aisle)


✨✨✨~BONUS STEP~✨✨✨



4.EXFOLIATE 

This is a optional step. It's a good idea to exfoliate the dead skin once a week (once every two weeks for sensitive skin). Dry, oily, combination, and normal skin can benefit from exfoliating. You can buy scrubs or you can make your own by mixing you cleanser and a little bit of baking soda (aka sodium bicarbonate or bicarbonate of soda) and rubbing it GENTLY against the skin. Please do not over use this method as the baking soda can be harsh.

My recommendation:



Any
Normal/Combination/Dry
Oily/Combination 

Prices & places to purchase: 

  • St. Ives scrubs around 15QR [Carrefour, Almeera, Monoprix, etc]
  • Baking soda 3-12Qr [any gorcery store in the food aisle]
Follow me on Instagram 
 @TheAyDiary

Comments

Popular Posts